What MSG does as well as hidden sources of MSG.

wolfhawk

What MSG does as well as hidden sources of MSG.

Post by wolfhawk »

What MSG is?
Mono Sodium Glutamate (MSG) is a flavor enhancer. MSG is free glutamate. When MSG is added to food it tricks your brain into thinking there is more protein in the food and you perceive the food as tasting better.

Where is MSG found?
MSG is found in lots of different savory foods and not too many sweet foods. In my experience MSG is found most often in Asian foods. Even restaurants that claim there is no msg still often add msg. There is one large Chinese food restaurant chain that has a panda in their name that claims that they do not add msg. I got their ingredients (this was hard to do) and sure enough the food was full of MSG.
MSG is also in a lot of vaccinations.

What does MSG do?
MSG is an excitotoxin. This causes neurons in your brain to excite so much that they die.
MSG can cause eye damage
MSG can cause headaches
MSG can cause heart problems
MSG can cause kidney problems
MSG can cause fatigue
MSG can cause depression
MSG can cause obesity. - Mice and rats are not naturally obese. When scientists want to get obese rats and mice they inject the rats and mice with MSG and they always become obese.
MSG can make your thinking foggy
MSG can harm abilities like intuition
MSG can be a carcinogen
MSG can be an
endocrine disrupter

What can I do if I have eaten MSG by mistake or am planning on eating something with MSG?
Although eating MSG is not a good thing if you know that you have just eaten MSG or you plan on eating something with MSG Taurine is an antidote for MSG. While it may not remove all the effects of MSG it will lessen the damage that it does to you.

Hidden Sources of MSG
Anything “Autolyzed”
Autolyzed Yeast
Calcium Caseinate
Sodium Caseinate
Glutamate
Glutamic Acid
Anything “Hydrolyzed”
Hydrolyzed Protein
Monopotassium Glutamate
Monosodium Glutamate
Textured Protein
Yeast Extract
Yeast Food
Yeast Nutrient
Anything “Modified”
Modified Food Starch
Vetsin
Ajinomoto
Celery Juice Powder
no_matrix
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: What MSG does as well as hidden sources of MSG.

Post by no_matrix »

thanks, guess i have to change my diet.
osiris
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Post by osiris »

wow! Didn't know MSG was so bad. Ill miss my Chinese food. Thanks Wolfhawk
crystalheart
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Post by crystalheart »

thats some terrible stuff!
superminizzi7

Post by superminizzi7 »

Great info., Thanks! I often wonder if it sneaks its way into Miso.. I crave that stuff like the world's ending. My fav. brand is Miso Master organic Red Miso USA made (not from japan etc.), no-gmo, and claims purity. Maybe I crave it so much because it's just that good for me? My body always feels better after a nice bowl of it, so I'll go w/that. MSG always gives me an immediate headache. I don't get that with this particular Miso, so I'm pretty sure it's good.

more FYI - MSG is also hidden in the ingredients list as "natural flavouring" so watch out for that. Many organic food labels will either state no msg w/an * or the disclaimer will state from where the natural flavour is sourced. If the food is not organic on the label, it's almost always a guarantee the "natural flavour" includes a form of MSG listed above⇑. Here's a link I like that gives a bit more on "natural flavour":

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2015/12/a ... QANFd9ifQo

Cheers!
wolfhawk

Post by wolfhawk »

Hi Superminizzi7,

Thanks for the link. I looked at the ingredients for the Miso Master Organic Red Miso and it does not look like it has msg in it so you are probably not craving it because of the MSG.

Organic is usually better but they can still sneak MSG in with ingredients like celery juice powder.