Empathy - How Does it work?

osiris
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Empathy - How Does it work?

Post by osiris »

I have some friends who are empathic. Does anyone know about empathy or how or why it works? Can you explain it to me?
theresa

Re: Empathy - How Does it work?

Post by theresa »

Hello, Osiris…I have been a very “advanced” empath all of my life…and for most of it, with very powerful spiritual experiences attesting to it. I hope what I may express can help answer some of your question…I will give it a try. First of all, I apply the deepest respect and humility to the higher powers for the height that this spiritual ability has progressed over the years…and no doubt even I have only a fraction of the true understanding of it…as mysterious and surreal as the experience of it is at times. I will also tell you…it is not always easy to have…sometimes it has been most excruciating…and unpleasant…and very overwhelming…but it has also offered great and astounding moments of every reason to value it…so recognizing that it is an ability that is “beyond me” is also part of the appreciation of it…in more ways than I can explain.

It took a long time to finally realize that this is exactly what I am…an empath…however, I do strongly differentiate it from other forms of “extrasensory” phenomenon…such as those that characterize true psychic ability or prophetic ability…mysticism or other forms of clairvoyant ability or telepathy…(although I have also had experiences, and quite frequently, that seem to border on telepathic experiences…(what appears to be the reception of another’s thoughts)…through the same manner in which empathic experiences are received...in various forms of spiritual phenomenon.

“Empathy” as it is called…is the reception and the “experience” of another’s feelings, inner realm, heart realm…their inside self…and their emotions…(and sometimes their thoughts)…and in my case at least…is “presented” to me through a variety of spiritual “manners”…various forms of manifestations, spiritual awareness experiences, revelations of different types, spiritual voice experiences, visions of all kinds…(including daytime and nighttime visions…also “sleep visions”…that is, dreams)…and a host of other very powerful phenomenon as well. I have also had very “physically felt” experiences and exceedingly intense “rapturous” almost out of body-type experiences…also those experienced in a “trance”…and other phenomenon too overwhelming and mystical to explain in words. As these phenomenon reveal another person’s inner self and feelings…emotions…and other inward parts of themselves…they are most closely labeled as “empathic”…(this is what distinguishes them from “clairvoyant” phenomenon or psychic ability)…but they can also be considered just as “ligit” and as meaningful…if not altogether as “acceptable” as those more “coveted” abilities…and they can also be just as strong and intense…and overwhelming. They work in the same way psychic or prophetic ability does…only that the phenomenon an empath has reveals another person’s emotions and inner self…(which sometimes also includes their mental realm…or their thoughts).