1997 UFO sighting

angiem7
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

1997 UFO sighting

Post by angiem7 »

In July 1997 I had my first conscious undeniable sighting. I was meeting my sister partway from her walk home from a bus stop at around 7-ish. It was winter so it was dark around 6pm. I was standing under a streetlight initially, made the decision not to walk further; I was nervous about going further into the dark as a week or two before that a man had entered the house I was living in with my mother and step-father and attacked me. Luckily I only had a strained shoulder from fighting him off but he wasn't ever apprehended so I was edgy about being on my own in the dark, so I stayed under the streetlight, normal circumstances I would have kept walking to meet her. I was looking at the stars and a flight path as I was waiting for her. As I was watching a plane, I saw another light kind of zipping or darting around a plane that was steadily moving across the sky (got the impression that it was kind of like when a cat or dog will jump at something then bounce away?) After a few seconds of watching this, the object stopped then started moving down out of the sky towards the place I was standing. My estimate of the length of time between starting 'descent' to becoming stationary over a nearby house was roughly a minute. My current re-collection of the lights and shape is hazy now; shapewise it was slightly too round to be 'cigar-shaped' but cigar's as close as I can get. It was large, easily the size of a house, if not double that. There was absolutely NO noise that I recall during the whole experience. The lights were flashing, but my recollection of colour is hazy (that could be checked by the report I made to Moira McGhee a couple of days after the sighting) I think the lights were red and green alternating...for some reason as I've been trying to remember details lately of the experience, it feels really dissatisfying somehow that I didn't see any white lights, like that was something I was hoping for, I don't why. One of my sisters who was only two when it happened said after I told her about it a couple of weeks ago said that it seemed like it was targeting me, and I have the feeling that it was some kind of thing like I was being checked on to see if I was doing ok? I was freaked out at the time, but I don't remember feeling threatened. Something was weird with the time of the experience as well. It seemed to last a really long time, I kept looking back over my shoulder hoping my sister would turn up in time to see it as well. Between the time she called from the bus-stop payphone (pre-mobiles) and the time she reached where I was standing should have taken literally only five minutes, the experience seemed to take a lot longer than that. This could just be down to her expecting me to walk the full way to the bus stop to meet her before she started walking home. Her phone call was taken by another sister so I don't specifically know what the arrangement was, I just got asked second-hand to go meet her in the middle of dinner being made etc. The only other detail about this was that I remember there was a man walking his dog between when the UFO drifted off in a northerly direction staying low over the houses and when my sister turned up. I turned to him thinking it was my sister approaching, and I started saying "Did you just see that" before I realised it wasn't my sister and stopped speaking. He was kind of hunched over and turned away like he REALLY didn't want to acknowledge me or that he was afraid of me or something. He kept his head down and away like he didn't want to look at me or make eye contact. I'm only 5'2 and not really threatening at all so I was kind of baffled by this in a neighbourhood where people would usually nod at each other or say hi or something.
tsubodai_55
Starting Poster
Starting Poster

Re: 1997 UFO sighting

Post by tsubodai_55 »

Thank you for sharing that. One of my most memorable UFO sightings was when I was in high school...year 11 I think it was. I was laying down in a park near the school and I looked up and saw two thin white lines of cloud being pushed along by air currents. I could clearly see this. This was about 10:00AM in the morning or a little later...the two lines of thin clouds met in an arrowhead formation above me and formed a cloud bank. I pointed out the unusual phenomena to a couple of friends who both remarked on how strange it seemed. We thought nothing else of it and we all just crashed out right there. I woke up sometime later and now there was a large cloud bank above me. But in the gaps of the cloud I could clearly see a large metallic spherical craft...it was pewter brown in colour and was not smooth..it had contour to it. I blinked my eyes a few times to make sure I wasn't seeing things but I could clearly see it in the gaps of the cloud. Soon however the entire craft was enveloped by the fake cloud and I couldn't see it anymore. I didn't even bother trying to wake up my two friends to ask if they could see it.